TO CHAMPION SAFETY AND WELLBEING IN STRATHCONA THROUGH VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS AND SERVICES THAT OFFER MEANINGFUL OPPORTUNITIES TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMMUNITY.
The Strathcona Community Policing Centre (Strathcona CPC) is a registered nonprofit society, governed by an independent community-based board, that operates in coordination with the Vancouver Police Department and other community agencies.
Strathcona CPC staff and board members strive to:
- engage the community in volunteer-driven programs to assist with safety, wellbeing and crime reduction;
- coordinate residents and community stakeholders in the design, development and implementation of new initiatives;
- act as a community liaison with the Vancouver Police Department and other community-minded agencies;
- operate a warm and welcoming storefront to connect residents with CPC programs and services;
- cultivate a safe, neighbourhood for everyone.
Board of Directors
David Vogt – President
Judy McGuire – Vice President
Jaimie Falconer – Treasurer
Mariann Westerlund – Secretary
Joanne Anderson – Director
Kenneth Armonio – Director
Jessica Neilson – Director
Lui Stefanucci – Director
Lindsay Shaver – Director
Victoria Baynham – Director
Alexandra Harriman – Director
Dan Turvill – Executive Director
Ji Hoon (Brian) Kim – Volunteer Coordinator
Constable Jennifer Obuck – Neighbourhood Police Officer
In response to the opioid crisis and the dramatic rise in overdose deaths, a group of concerned citizens, in consultation with the Vancouver Police Department and neighbourhood residents, started the process of opening a Community Police Centre in Strathcona with the help of available civic funding.
The Strathcona CPC opens to the public at 872 East Hastings.
History and Catchment Area
The Strathcona CPC is in the heart of one of Vancouver’s oldest residential neighbourhoods with diverse roots dating back to 1865.
The Strathcona CPC services the area bordered by the waterfront to the north and the False Creek Flats to the south, west of Clark Drive and east of Chinatown. See map below for details.