Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design research has shown that systematic removal of litter and offensive graffiti can greatly reduce crime, vandalism and mischief. Volunteers will feel the immense satisfaction achieved by cleaning and beautifying their community and keeping neighbourhood kids and puppies safe by clearing up discarded and used syringes. Further, there are many proactive methods by which residents can help prevent or reduce occurrences of certain types of crimes.
- Community Clean Ups (cleaning up litter and used syringes from the sidewalks and parks)
- Graffiti Removal and Paint Outs
- Target Hardening (a process by which an individual can secure their home or business)
- Community art projects
- Target Hardening knowledge
- Graffiti removal
- Safe disposal of hazardous materials