To make our community a safer place, report ALL crimes occurring in the Strathcona neighbourhood to both the Vancouver Police and the Strathcona CPC.
Call 911 immediately to report a serious crime, including a crime in progress or one that might be about to happen.
– Call VPD non-emergency at 604-717-3321 for crimes that are not emergencies.
– Call the Strathcona CPC at 604-717-0622 and tell us what you have reported to police.
We also want to hear safety complaints and concerns that you might not consider worth reporting directly to police. We record all concerns and make them available to our Neighbourhood Police Officer. This ensures that crime trends for the Strathcona area are accurately reflected in VPD statistics and allocation of police resources. Also, CPC volunteers can provide community resource information and organize Volunteer Patrols in areas where criminal activity has increased.
The VPD also provides an internet site for on-line citizen reporting at www.vpd.ca to report minor property crime under $5,000. You will get a file number, but the incident will not be investigated. These incidents should be reported to the CPC as well.
- VPD Crime Prevention and Safety Tips
- VPD GeoDash Crime Map
- VPD Mobile App
- VPD Pedwatch (pedestrian safety)
- VPD Safeplace
- Project 259 (Bike Registry)
- NASKARZ (Never Again Steal Cars)
- Car 87 (Emergency Intervention for people with mental illness)
More Crime Prevention Organizations/Sites
- Vancouver Association for Restorative Justice
- Crime-Free Multi-Housing Program
- BC Crime Prevention Association
- Block Watch
- Greater Vancouver Crime Stoppers
- Phone Busters
- Operation Provident
- Vancouver Better Business Bureau
- Auto Crime Prevention Information
- Meth Watch Program
- Victim Link
- Residential Tenancy Branch