Diversity and Inclusion
Program Description: The Diversity and Inclusion Program is designed to educate and promote the celebration and tolerance of all communities and cultures, especially those residing in Strathcona. A community that understands and knows each other, is a safer and more inclusive one. There is a culturally diverse population in Strathcona that sometimes struggles to communicate and relate to one another; programs that promote diversity and inclusion make for a more cohesive community that looks out for one another and reduces conflict.
- ->KAIROS Blanket Exercise and other Educational Awareness campaigns
- ->The Carnegie Cultural Sharing Program
- ->Marching in Parades (Vaisakhi, Chinese New Year, National Aboriginal Veterans Day)
- ->Cultural celebrations (Lunar New Year, Hoobiyee)
- ->Knowledge and understanding of different cultures and values
- ->Relationship Building